Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Papa a la Huancaina

"Papa a la Huancaina" is a peruvian salad of boiled yellow potatoes in a spicy, starchy peanut sauce, called Huancaina sauce, thus the origin of the name. Huancaina sauce is made of fresh white cheesecrushed peanuts crushed saltines, vegetable oil, aji amarillo (yellow Peruvian pepper) evaporated milk, garlic and salt, mixed in a blender.

This dish is served with lettuce, black olives, white corn kernels, hard boiled egg quarters and tomatoes. It's very popular in all the country and can be served as a starter or "small dish.

7 comentarios:

capitan said...

mañana comere ese plato.

Olivier said...

Pour le petit dejeuner un peu dur ;o) mais ce plat donne envie.

For the a little hard breakfast ;O) but this dish gives desire.

Annie said...

I'd make a meal of it, I think. Seems like it's got all the delights in it.

Dave said...

Umm looks right up my street. Do you know the recipe for the sauce. Thanks.

photowannabe said...

This sounds so good. I would love to try it.

Elizabeth said...

My in-laws have made this many times, but without the peanuts. It is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

whoah this blog is great i like reading your posts. Stay up
the great work! You realize, many people are hunting around for this
info, you can aid them greatly.

Feel free to visit my web-site ... how to get more followers on instagram